Thursday 31 January 2013

Spanking and Pregnancy!


It's been half a year since I last made a blog post and a lot has changed since then. Last summer we got a shock to found out I was pregnant and so here I sit currently 35 weeks along! Of course we are very happy and excited :) ( and I find it strange to think me and the boyfriend nearly did not meet as I almost cancelled our spanking session, strange how life works out!).



Anyway I realise this is a spanking blog but thought I would discuss the topic of spanking during my pregnancy. Not long after finding out I did google 'spanking during pregnancy' in search of advice and any other spanko's experiences which did bring up a few blog and forum posts however not suprisingly the views ranged from "it should be avoided" to "its perfectly fine!"and so I took from that its entirely an individual thing. I'm not sure what the medical stance would be but I would say it pretty much comes down to common sense and of course in a high risk pregnancy its probably best avoided, luckily I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far.



Positions.


I think the biggest problem is finding a position that is both comfortable and safe. I received my last over the knee spanking when I was 9 weeks pregnant and even that was with me lying further forward off my boyfriends lap to avoid any pressure on my stomach. I think it is probably best to avoid traditional otk position completely to be on the safe side but instead to find a position that avoids any weight to the belly.



After this and before I had a bump we tried me lying on my front on the bed with pillows under my chest. Other positions we have tried mainly involved me standing and leaning my upper torso on something such as a table, back of couch and a bean bag (bean bags are particularly recommended if you have one!). Since I entered my third trimester however I haven’t received a proper spanking at all as bump is well and truly in the way and my hips and back ache so it is hard to stay in any position for very long. Of course I still get playful swats to my bottom frequently and I would say they are perfectly fine throughout pregnancy!



Pain Tolerance

This may be the case for other women too but I have definitely noticed that my pain tolerance is affected by my hormones. Whilst being pregnant my tolerance for pain has been so much lower so this is definitely something to take into account as even a light hand spanking can result in a lot of ouches!



Discipline

This is obviously only an issue for some couples who practice domestic discipline or discipline/punishment spankings and I can understand that some might not feel comfortable with this at all. If you have read any of my previous blog posts you might know that me and my boyfriend do use spankings for real discipline too. There are some alternative punishments that can be used such as corner time, lines, etc but for us I don't think a whole 9 months without using spanking would have worked. The spanking I received at 9 weeks was a long punishment spanking with hand followed by several implements which was ok for us as I was so early. Since then there have only been a few times I have earnt a discipline spanking and we have adapted our usual style to just a short spanking with just a number of swats with a strap (being very careful to only strap the middle/lower part if my bottom). However I earnt myself a punishment about 6 weeks ago for disobedience and neither us feel comfortable with dealing with that at this stage of pregnancy so I will be expecting that once I've recovered from the birth which is strange for me having to wait so long and makes me quite nervous! I am sure I will update with how it went when the time comes.



Again everyone will have different views on spanking during pregnancy which is perfectly fine and I thought I would just offer my own experiences. One thing is for sure I have really missed otk spankings (virtually all my spankings are given that way before I became pregnant) and looking forward to being able to do them again!
 
 
x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations Lottie! I've been a big fan of yours ever since I saw your early spanking movie work. I'm so happy things are working out for you and I hope you have a happy and healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really hope things go well for you and please keep us posted about the baby and how you're all doing.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lottie

    Congrats on motherhood! Hope you are settling into it.

    Just wondering if you are ever thinking of coming back to the spanking scene anytime soon? I would love to work with you if you do come back.

    Rose
    50's themed female/female spanking
    http://www.clips4sale.com/70390

    ReplyDelete